Saturday, June 11, 2005

The way we were

Well, I have quite neglected the blogosphere today. I just got a new film scanner, and have spent the day scanning old slides I have not looked at in years. This may impact my posting frequency for the next 2 or 3 days. Perhaps a sampling of these photos will be of little interest to those who did not know me or Kay during the 60s and 70s. But there are some readers of this blog who did, and so, for them, here are two photos for their amusement.

The first is of myself, the hippie, in the early 1970s, in El Paso. The second is from late 1977, also in El Paso. I would not say this was a commune, exactly, but--close to it.

My daughter, born later, can hardly believe what I tell her about that time and place. My stepdaughter, who is the little girl in the 2nd photo, can barely remember it.

In the 2nd photo, I am the guy in the blue bandana looking paranoid, and Kay is behind me to my left.

Everything my mother feared would happen
smiling hippie


At home in El Paso. In the photo after this (not shown) we took off our clothes. Really.
At home in El Paso

No comments: