Monday, May 22, 2006

Walk in the park

This will be my last post until the weekend or maybe later. I will be driving to Baton Rouge with my daughter, who is starting the PhD program in biology at LSU in the fall, to help her line up an apartment. Sigh. I will miss her when she leaves--she has been living at home. Anyway, it will be a long drive tomorrow on I-10. The influx of New Orleans refugees has driven up Baton Rouge rents to nearly Austin levels, but as far as I can tell from Craig's list and the online apartment locators, there seems to be an adequate supply of housing. We'll see.

In the meantime, here are some photos of my walk in Searight Park today.

Painted bunting



Silvery Checkerspot (Chlosyne nycteis) on an orange zexmenia (Zexmenia hispidia)



and a white tailed deer, about to leave


(click photos to enlarge)

No comments: